Style Bee - Black Sandal Bonanza

Black Sandal Bonanza

05.05.15

Style Bee - Black Sandal Bonanza

I’ve been in the market for a pair of simple black sandals. Something sophisticated, sleek and super comfortable that I can wear every day this summer. I lived in my classic Arizona Birks last summer and they’re still my go-to for casual days and weekends but I’ve noticed a need for something a bit more chic lately. All of the above options have caught my eye and now I’m just deliberating on which pair to pick.

What do you think? Any favourites?

Apiece Apart ($240)

2 Madewell ($148)

Madewell ($98)

Nisolo ($54)

Dolce Vita ($140)

Birkenstock ($250)

Ancient greek Sandals ($235)

Zara ($36)

Coclico ($345)

10 Sol Sana ($80)

16 comments
05.05.15
Style

Leave me a comment here!

1. Evan says:

I noticed you purchased the Zara sandals, I love them so much! But without any adjustmentable elements, do they stay on your feet well? Would love to hear your verdict! Many thanks.

• Lee the Bee says:

Hi Evan, I did indeed buy the Zara sandals. I’m a narrow size 7 and bought the 6.5 (Zara doesn’t carry a 7 for some reason) and they were slightly snug at first but have since stretched to fit really well. I was worried the heel strap wouldn’t stay on but it does (although standing still it’s not tight on my foot). I would definitely err towards a smaller size because they might stretch too much otherwise. Hope that helps! xo

2. Laura says:

Great post!! I am looking for something similar but in tan and not black! Pick just one? NOOO!! I want all of them

3. Jodie says:

I’am going through this too!
    I got an old navy pair that are comfortable and amazing. I’am either getting the Madewell sightseer sandals or the Everlane LA sandals. I’ll decide by this weekend when I order. I think Everlane is out of my size, so I’ll probably go with Madewell.
    Out of your choices listed I like both Madewell pairs, and the Zara. Can’t wait to see what you pick out!

• Lee the Bee says:

Thanks Jodie! I think I caught a glimpse of your old navy pair and they are super cute! I am currently torn between #10 (Sol sana) and #8 (zara) might have to order both and test them out. With the weather forecast as hot as it is I may have use for two! xo

4. Courtney says:

Lee I have #8! I am wearing them for the first time today and they are very comfortable. I bought them for the same reason you are looking. I needed something functional but also feminine and sleek when I need them to be. Great price for such a staple wardrobe item. I’m a size 7 and the 37s fit perfect.

• Lee the Bee says:

Ah! That’s great to know Courtney! They are so simple and such a great price. Leave it to Zara 😉 Thanks for the sizing info too! xo

5. Katrina says:

#3 or #9, but nine is awfully expensive for almost the same thing as Madewell, good luck!!

• Lee the Bee says:

I love #9 too. They’re handmade and produced sustainably/ethically in Mallorca so I think that’s a major part of the cost. But I know what you mean for sure! Thanks for weighing in Katrina. Xo

6. Ebonee says:

#3 are really simple and nice.

7. Eve says:

Great post! I’ve been searching for something similar. Another option you might like are these ones by Camper. http://m.camper.com/en_CA/women/shoes/right/camper-right-21735-008

8. Lynn says: